Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mid-Way!

The first image i put was from one our first classes, I wanted to put it on here to show my progression which i think is a bit apparent!




To be honest... I was bit behind on my Man-E-cAN. But the last few days i've paid a lot of attention to him, and the actual act of building the muscles is actually really relaxing compared to some of the other work I've been having to do from other classes...



Shell...
5 Images of my "Best" Gesture Drawings...







The Semester Thus Far: Well I haven't dropped the class yet, so it's going better than it has in the passed :) For all seriousness though, fter going through my sketchbook I feel as though i've actually progressed dramatically. I'm starting to understand the bodies form and structure, and learning the muscle structure is really interesting.

Strengths: My strengths have come from drawing more organically than i ever have. Slowing way down and paying attention to line is something I've struggled with before, and lately when we do 30 min. drawings it feels as though its been 10. I also understand how the spine relates to the rest of the body with the "s" curve, and placing the ribs the the hips were there suppose to be.

Weaknesses: CONTOUR LINES. Even though I'm getting better and drawing organically, I struggle with the direction of contour lines, the spacing between contour lines, basically the 2 most important things about contour lines. It's something I'm going to really push myself to understand, and not have to ask the direction every time I do a drawing!!!

Some things I'd still like to learn: Obviously how to draw contour lines better. I'm hoping we get to work a little with drawing the Skull/Face. Its something in the passed that I haven't done very well when it come to self-portraits and stuff, so I wouldn't mind to learn just some of the basics.!


No comments:

Post a Comment